Office of Student Assistance and Relief
Established by Senate Bill 1192, the Office of Student Assistance and Relief (OSAR) was created for the purpose of advancing and promoting the rights of students of private colleges, and assisting students who suffer economic loss due to the unlawful activities or closure of a private college. In collaboration with various State and federal agencies including the California Student Aid Commission, California Community Colleges Chancellor’s Office, Department of Veterans Affairs, U.S. Department of Education and the federal Consumer Financial Protection Bureau, the OSAR is committed to assisting California students and addressing the needs of those students attending private colleges.
- Biden-Harris Administration Extends Student Loan Pause Through May 1, 2022
- Q&A for Accrediting Council for Independent Colleges and Schools Students
- OSAR Closed School Workshop Video
- Did You Know: Student Loan Balance Payoffs
- California Provides Expansion of Student Loan Relief
- Frequently Asked Questions for Corinthian College Students