Informational Workshops for University of Antelope Valley Students

The Office of Student Assistance and Relief representatives will deliver presentations on your rights and options on the following date, at the times listed below. The same information will be provided at both sessions. Details for in person workshop sessions to be held in the Antelope Valley region, designed for those students who expressed that preference instead in the survey, will be provided in forthcoming communication.

Student Workshop Location Student Workshop Date/Time
Via Webinar
Please e-mail to request the virtual workshop link to join the event.
Thursday, March 28, 2024
12:00 pm – 1:00 pm (PST)
6:00 pm – 7:00 pm (PST)

Students’ Rights

We want you to know that you have rights when your school closes.

  • You Have the Right to Request a Refund From Your School.
  • You Have the Right to Seek Student Loan Relief Options. Contact Your Loan Servicer to Learn More About Your Options. If You Aren’t Sure Who Your Loan Servicer is, Contact the National Student Loan Data Systems.
  • You Have the Right to Transfer to Another School. Transferring Any Credits/Units to Another School May Affect Your Eligibility for a Loan Discharge or Tuition Reimbursements.

Veteran Students

Veteran students are encouraged to visit the GI Bill Web site at to access the GI Bill Comparison Tool, an easy-to-use online tool that provides information to calculate benefits and research approved programs, tuition/fees, housing allowance, graduation and loan default rates.

The U.S. Department of Veterans Affairs (USDVA) administers the GI Bill, and makes all determinations related to Veteran education benefit eligibility and payments. The USDVA also regulates entitlements paid to Veterans and performs all calculations. All questions regarding eligibility and payment of GI Bill benefits must be directed to the USDVA at 1-888-GIBILL1.

  • USDVA will not pay GI Bill education benefits at an unapproved institution.
  • Only the USDVA can provide assistance or address questions related to GI Bill eligibility or payment.
  • Questions or concerns related to University of Antelope Valley should be directed to school representatives.
  • Visit the USDVA’s GI Bill website at to access education benefit information.
  • Visit the California Department of Veterans Affairs (CalVet) Web site at to obtain assistance with other Veteran needs and services.

Students are encouraged to monitor OSAR’s website along with its Twitter, Instagram, and Facebook pages regularly for up-to-date information on the resources available to students following their school’s closure. Please direct any questions for the Office of Student Assistance and Relief to (888) 370-7589, Option #5 or email us at